Many of us hate to clean. But the dirty dishes piling on the sink and the overflowing laundry basket will have to be attended to. Since we cannot avoid doing household chores, we might as well make it more endurable.
Here are 5 ways to make cleaning the house fun!
1. Play music
Add some music into your daily or weekly cleaning duties and they will no longer be a chore!
Bluetooth music into the home speakers. Put on a pair of earbud speakers. Some great tunes will make cleaning so easy and fun.
Popsugar has a list of songs to help you get grooving while you clean:
“We Found Love,” Rihanna
“Unwritten,” Natasha Bedingfield
“Good Feeling,” Flo Rida
“Billie Jean,” Michael Jackson
“Paper Planes,” M.I.A.
“Call Me Maybe,” Carly Rae Jepsen
“I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho),” Pitbull
“Party in the USA,” Miley Cyrus
“Just Dance,” Lady Gaga
“Jealous (I Ain’t With It),” Chromeo
“Live Like We’re Dying,” Kris Allen
“A Little Party Never Killed Nobody (All We Got),” Fergie
“American Boy,” Estelle
“I Love It,” Icona Pop featuring Charli XCX
“Can’t Hold Us,” Macklemore and Ryan Lewis featuring Ray Dalton
“Fire Burning,” Sean Kingston
“Sexy and I Know It,” LMFAO
“Roar,” Katy Perry
“Summer Love,” Justin Timberlake
“Oops! . . . I Did It Again,” Britney Spears
“Wannabe,” Spice Girls
“We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together,” Taylor Swift
“Run the World (Girls),” Beyoncé
“Can’t Stop,” Red Hot Chili Peppers
“No Diggity,” Blackstreet
“Eye of the Tiger,” Survivor
“No Scrubs,” TLC
“So What,” Pink
“Boom Boom Pow,” Black Eyed Peas
“Mirrors,” Justin Timberlake
“Girls Just Want to Have Fun,” Cyndi Lauper
“Bohemian Rhapsody,” Queen
“Billionaire,” Travis McCoy
“ABC,” Jackson 5
“Respect,” Aretha Franklin
“Don’t Stop Believin’,” Journey
Don’t like their list? Create your playlist and make cleaning the home fun.
2. Turn it into a workout
Do you know cleaning the house burns calories? When you are cleaning, you are moving, stretching, bending and squatting. All these moves can work up quite a sweat. So why not turn them into a workout?
Want to know how many calories you are burning every time you clean the house? Here is a rough estimate (based on a 68kg person)
- Mopping – An hour of mopping burns 153 calories.
- Washing floors – 30minutes of squatting down to wash the bathroom or kitchen floors will burn 187 calories.
- Scrubbing the bathtub – 15minutes scrubbing will burn 90 calories.
- Vacuuming – Vacuuming involves a lot of steps – especially if you have a large house. On average, 30minutes of vacuuming will burn 119 calories.
- Sweeping – Sweeping the kitchen and exterior of the home for 30minutes will burn 136 calories.
- Cleaning windows – 30minutes of cleaning windows in the home burns 167 calories.
- Rearranging the closet – Marie Kondo your closet will burn you up to 85 calories.
- Washing the car – Scrub and polish for 153 calories.
- Moving furniture – Thinking of moving the furniture in the lounge to give the room a new look? 15minutes of heavy furniture lifting will burn 100 calories.
The next time you clean the home, strap on your Fitbit and burn some calories. It will make cleaning less of a chore.
3. Enlist the help of others
Coronavirus lockdown is over. Get the family back for a garage clean-up and BBQ. Everyone is so keen to get out and see family and friends again, you will be surprised how many will say ‘Yes’.
There is no need to do all the cleaning by yourself. Enlist the help of your partner or children. Give them specific tasks to do, for example, taking out the rubbish, clearing the dinner table, or hanging out the washing.
Getting others to help you with the household chores makes it less stressful for you. Try it today.
4. Create a cleaning checklist
A checklist helps you keep track of cleaning tasks. If you are looking for a comprehensive cleaning list, Calibre Cleaning’s website has an ultimate end-of-lease cleaning guide that covers every inch of the home. Use the list as a guide to design a weekly and monthly cleaning list for your home.
5. Learn some cleaning hacks
Cleaning hacks are tested cleaning methods that can make cleaning easier. Calibre Cleaning’s blogs have a range of cleaning hacks for all types of household cleaning. You can find information on mould removal, stain removal, oven cleaning, dishwasher cleaning, window cleaning and many more.