Every home can benefit from a thorough deep cleaning. Now we understand cleaning your home can be tiring and time-consuming. Therefore, the first tip is to divide the deep cleaning procedure into minor, more doable activities to prevent feeling overwhelmed.
This comprehensive cleaning checklist is helpful before entertaining guests or when daily mess and clutter have begun to accumulate. Reading this article, you can be sure your home will soon be spotless and ready every time.
Start with a walk
There is no better way to determine how much cleaning your house requires than to take a cautious stroll through it. While you start going around, you should also take a plastic bag. If you come across any garbage or other junk that needs to be thrown out, you can pick it up, put it in the bag, and eliminate a lot while exploring the rest of your home.
Go high, not low
It’s simple to see soiled carpets and want to clear them straight away. But avoid giving in and focus on the need to start at the top of the room.
This might be the shelves, the top of a bookcase, or the room’s corners. Doing this first gives you time to hoover up any dust falling from the shelves or other surfaces.
In the midst of all this, it’s important to be aware of common carpet cleaning mistakes that people often make. Avoiding these mistakes can prolong the life of your carpets and ensure they remain clean and fresh.
Beginning at the bottom increases the chance that your floor will be dirtier and dustier than when you started.
Starting low negates the whole purpose of cleaning!
Dishes and Laundry
Get your curtains and bed linens into the washing machine if you need to wash them so they may be cleaned while you work on the other parts of the house. Clean up any dirty dishes in the washbasin before starting the dishwasher and moving on to other rooms if there are any.
Before beginning the primary cleaning, complete any necessary dishes.
Go low now
Now focus on the low. Clean every carpeted space in your house. Where necessary, sweep, particularly beneath furniture and around tight corners. Move the furniture so you can hoover and clean the back if necessary. Clean the kitchen and any other floor that needs to be cleaned.
The mid-section Windows and doors
Do you wish to give the windows of your house a lovely shine? Then you ought to get a squeegee. The appearance of your windows can drastically change thanks to these tiny gadgets.
Use a sponge or rag to add soapy water, and then use a squeegee to apply it with long, vertical strokes.
Use a newspaper as an excellent do-it-yourself alternative if you don’t want to spend money on a squeegee.
The print absorbs water, making it an excellent way to get rid of excess moisture, so you don’t need to worry about smudging your windows with ink: Your windows should be cleaned with water and vinegar and dried with wrapped newspaper.
Next, we can move to thorough Cleaning Room-by-Room
Let’s simplify the cleaning process for each room.
Cleaning multiple bathrooms at once is simpler than cleaning other rooms in between if you have more than one.
- Take everything out, sort out and do away with the unnecessary items, clean up the necessary items, and then reload it by category.
- Repeat the same for your medicine cabinet and any other cabinetry.
- Clean the toilet and the tub with cleaner.
- Then disinfect the counters with disinfectant spray.
- If necessary, wipe down the walls and clean the mirrors.
Always ensure that your bathroom plumbing is checked by professionally trained personnel. This includes the water heater unit, underground pipeline, indoor faucets, drainage, etc. likewise, visit Damien McEvoy Plumbing for the best solutions to plumbing-related issues. This team of dedicated professionals is always ready to solve your problem anytime.
For bedrooms, the process is simpler.
- The bed skirt, duvet cover, shams, and pillows should be washed.
- Sanitize your mattress. ( a DIY tip for cleaning your mattress is to sprinkle baking soda over it and vacuum it up after letting it sit for a half hour.)
- Remove unused old clothing and place it in a bag for donation.
- Lastly, arrange the surrounding that presents a calm setting.
You might need more time cleaning the kitchen, but let’s break it down.
- Clear the counters of everything, thoroughly clean and dry them. Arrange back only what you use every day. With anything else, look for hiding places.
- Apply a disinfectant to the kitchen counter and wipe it down.
- Take everything out of the fridge. Clean all the handles, drawers, and shelves with hot, soapy water.
- Clear the shelves in your pantry, then clean and sort them according to your convenience.
- To increase the efficiency of your refrigerator, you may also rent an air compressor and blast the dust off its shelves and coils.
- Clean the front and back of the cabinet doors using a warm water solution that contains a small amount of dish soap.
Now, let’s get to the small details that can add more sparkling to your home.
- Remove all framed artwork and pictures, then use a moist microfiber towel to dust the front and back of each one.
- Do the same with all the electronics and remotes lying around and place them at a proper angle.
- Get canned air from your local hardware supply store for an efficient and quick clean for your exhaust fans. Turn on the fan and use your “canned air” to blow the dust away. The dust will be blown outdoors by the fan. This applies to your central heating and cooling system’s return air grilles.
Essential cleaning products you need:
Proper Cleaning tools are essential for maintaining your home’s cleanliness and making the task as simple as cleaning can be. Here is a list you should consider.
- microfiber cloth
- vacuum cleaner
- rubber gloves
- toilet cleaner
- antibacterial spray
- glass and wood cleaner
- tiles cleaner
- white vinegar
- baking soda
- lint roller
- adhesive remover
Remember that some cleaning supplies may not be necessary for your home. Yet, the majority of them come in handy for keeping your house spick and pristine.
Although this list might seem like a lot to cover, start early and small; as mentioned, divide your home cleaning into manageable sections. And you find the whole journey quite enjoyable. You can even add some funky background music. This makes the whole process more fun.
Now that you have cleaned what you can, all your effort can be undermined when you can see certain stains and paint peels hanging on your walls.
If the task of cleaning your home is something you’d much prefer handing off to professionals, our company can provide you with house cleaning services in Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Gold Coast, Hobart, Melbourne, Perth, and Sydney. End of cleaning services are also available in Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Gold Coast, Hobart, Melbourne, Perth, and Sydney.